Douxo Shampoos and Sprays have a foaming solution containing gentle hypoallergenic cleansing bases. These products are great for cleaning any bacterial, fungal, and yeast problems on your dog or cat. Your dog or cat will also have a pleasant green tea fragrance after using these products. These products clean and sanitize gently while leaving your pets coat shiny and soft.
Jump To A Specific Section
- 1 Douxo Chlorhexidine Recalls
- 2 Brand Names and Other Names of Chlorhexidine
- 3 Uses of Chlorhexidine for Cats
- 4 Precautions and Side Effects
- 5 How Chlorhexidine Is Supplied
- 6 Dosing Information of Chlorhexidine for Cats
- 7 Customer reviews of Douxo Chlorhexidine PS
- 8 Useful Information
Sogeval Douxo® Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo with Climbazole is formulated with special moisturizing ingredients to help protect the pet’s skin and coat while treating dermatological conditions. Produces gently foaming lather.
New Formulation + Climbazole
Douxo Chlorhexidine has a strong bactericidal and bacteriostatic activity on the Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria. Climbazole is an imidazole compound active on most pathogenic fungi and yeasts (Malassezia pachydermatis). Phytosphingosine – salicyloyl is a modified pro-ceramide which possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-seborrheic properties. It helps control the cutaneous disorders associated with pyoderma. Both the antibacterial and antifungal activities of the lipo-amino-acid complement those of chlorhexidine. The Lipacid also acts as a moisturizing and restructuring agent by allowing a lipo-protidic film to deposit on the skin. This long-lasting film resists rinsing, and thus protects the skin from irritations and loss of moisture. The formula of DOUXO® Chlorhexidine is suitable for frequent use.
Douxo Chlorhexidine Recalls
There has been no recalls for this shampoo ever, this is the reason this is being the best pet shampoo’s.
Aqua, Sulfobetaine, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Climbazole, Decylpolyglucoside, Capryloyl Glycine, Peg-120, Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethanolamine, Perfume, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid
Overview of Chlorhexidine for Cats
- Chlorhexidine is classified as a disinfectant or cleanser. It is used both to treat environmental surfaces, and in less concentrated forms, to treat the skin, ears and oral cavity. It is effective against bacteria, fungus, yeast and viruses.
- Chlorhexidine is an OTC (over the counter drug) but should not be administered unless under the supervision and guidance of a veterinarian.
- Chlorhexidine is used in veterinary medicine for the treatment and prevention of dermatological (skin) conditions and for the management of ear infections (otitis externa) and gum disease.
Brand Names and Other Names of Chlorhexidine
- This drug is registered for use in humans and animals.
- Human formulations: Peridex® (Zila) and various generic preparations
- Veterinary formulations: Chlorhexiderm® otic flush (DVM Medical), Hexoral® rinse (Vetus), Novalsan® Solution (Fort Dodge), Novalsan® Scrub (Fort Dodge) and various generic preparations
Uses of Chlorhexidine for Cats
- Chlorhexidine is prescribed to control infections.
- Chlorhexidine is often used as an anti-bacterial cleansing agent in the treatment of acute and chronic otitis externa (ear infection/inflammation).
- Chlorhexidine is used as an oral cleansing solution in cases of gingivitis (gum inflammation) and periodontal disease (infection of the gums, soft tissues and bone surrounding teeth).
- This drug can be used in the treatment of superficial skin infections, irrigation (cleansing) of wounds and as a medicated shampoo for the treatment of certain skin conditions (hot spots or acute moist dermatitis).
- Chlorhexidine is not effective against infections caused by parasites (such as worms and mites).
Precautions and Side Effects
- While generally safe and effective when prescribed by a veterinarian, chlorhexidine can cause side effects in some animals.
- Chlorhexidine should not be used in animals with known hypersensitivity or allergy to the drug.
- Chlorhexidine 2 percent solution or scrub should always be diluted prior to use to avoid allergic reactions.
How Chlorhexidine Is Supplied
- Chlorhexidine is available in various sizes and preparations.
- Chlorhexidine oral rinse solutions – 0.1 percent
- Chlorhexidine otic (ear) solutions – 1 percent
- Chlorhexidine solutions – 2 percent
- Chlorhexidine shampoo and conditioner 1 and 2 percent
Dosing Information of Chlorhexidine for Cats
- Medication should never be administered without first consulting your veterinarian.
- As an ear-cleansing agent – flush the ear canal once a day in cases of diagnosed otitis externa.
- For skin conditions – clean the area twice daily.
- For gingivitis – chlorhexidine oral solution is applied as directed once a day.
- Chlorhexidine shampoo and conditioner – use as directed once or twice a week.
- The duration of administration depends on the condition being treated, response to the medication and the development of any adverse effects.
Customer reviews of Douxo Chlorhexidine PS
After reading several opinions on blogs, forums, and e-commerce websites, it can be concluded that this product has more or less been a unanimous hit with barely two or three critical reviews against hundreds of favourable ones.
What customers like about the product
- Many customers like the fact that this is a no-hassle product
- They find it to be extremely effective with many seeing results after the first shampoo itself
- Fur is left soft and shiny with no scaly patches
- Lathers up well and their dog/cat smell great
- Best product for dogs and cats with numerous allergies
- Worth the money!
What customers did not like about the product
- Some customers faced problems with the package in which the shampoo would often be found to have spilled out of the bottle in large amounts.
- Very few still found the product to be too expensive
If your dog or cat is suffering from an unbearable allergic reaction or an irritating skin condition, then Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo is the perfect product for them. Not only is this product manufactured by an established company known for its innovations and high standards of quality, it is one of the best-selling pet shampoos with a greatly positive customer feedback. Not only does it give your pet the relief he/she needs, it also leaves their fur coat silky and healthy as ever. And it great to boot!
INDICATION FOR USE
For cats and dogs. Topical and adjuvant management of superficial and severe pyoderma, and of dermatitis due to Malassezia.
Wet the animal with warm water and apply DOUXO® Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo extensively on the fur. Massage until production of a light foam. Allow to remain on the fur for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing abundantly. Repeat twice if needed.
The veterinarian’s recommendations should be observed. It is generally recommended to proceed to 2 or 3 shampoos weekly, during 3 to 4 weeks. Then the dosage can be reduced to one shampoo per week, until disappearance of the lesions.
Lathering solution formulated with gentle hypoallergenic cleansing bases – pH = 7 Phytosphingosine – salicyloyl (0.05%) – Climbazole 0.5% – Lipacide® C8G (2.5%) – Chlorhexidine (3%)
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE:
Do not swallow. Avoid contact with the eyes.
If undue skin irritation develops or increases, discontinue use and contact a veterinarian.
Keep out of reach of children.