The Litter-Robot Open-Air, Self-Cleaning Automatic Cat Litter Box makes cat ownership easier every day for pet parents. It sifts clumps and waste out of the litter 3-7 minutes after a cat leaves and drops the waste in to a receptacle drawer for easy disposal.
The new Litter-Robot Open-Air model is the first major update to the highly successful and desired Litter-Robot platform.
This model is a culmination of the latest technology and customer feedback received over the last 15 years. The patented sifting process cleans litter automatically after each use and deposits waste in a large-capacity waste drawer.
A drawer full indicator light will notify you when the waste drawer is full so you never have to guess when to empty your Litter-Robot. The larger, more ergonomic cat entry and litter chamber along with the new self-adjusting cat sensor accommodates cats weighing 5lbs or more.
There is also an automatic night light that provides lighting for elderly cats during night time visits to the litter box. Other new features include control panel lockout, variable wait time setting, 8 hour sleep mode, and a battery backup option.
The Litter-Robot Open-Air comes with a 90 day money back guarantee and a full 18 month warranty. With more than 110,000 customers, 15 years in business and 3 versions of the Litter-Robot, we have developed the solution for pet parents to never have to scoop again!
|Manufacturer:||Automated Pet Care Products, Inc.|
|Publisher:||Automated Pet Care Products, Inc.|
|Studio:||Automated Pet Care Products, Inc.|
|Title:||Litter-Robot III Open-Air – Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box|
|Size:||26.7″ L x 24.1″ W x 29.2″ H Weighs 28 lb|
|UPCList – UPCListElement:||8.5047E+11|
|Item Height:||29.2 inches|
|Item Length:||26.7 inches|
|Item Weight:||28 pounds|
|Item Width:||24.1 inches|
|Package Height:||24 inches|
|Package Length:||32 inches|
|Package Width:||24 inches|
|Legal Disclaimer:||For warranty information about this product, please contact manufacturer.|
Jump To A Specific Section
- 1 Is the Litter Robot Open Air worth the money?
- 2 Is the Litter Robot III Open Air a time-saver?
- 3 Does this Litter Robot III Open Air reduce odors?
- 4 Is the Litter Robot loud?
- 5 Our Final Verdict? Definitely worth the buy and investment!
- 6 Review: 1
- 7 Review: 2
Is the Litter Robot Open Air worth the money?
This Litter Robot III Open Air passes our test of truth. Yes, it is expensive at around $500 but check the reviews on the company website and just about every other website on the web. This machine is the real deal. You do not need to buy any extra accessories, only the waste bags which is something you already normally buy, because, hello, how else are you going to dispose of your kitties little litter box treasures? And clearly with this machine there is no scooping, so there is no need to buy scoopers. Long gone are the days of washing, and constantly replacing, your cat’s litter pan and accessories. Also, there is no special brand litter required, only the ability to clump is needed litter-wise. The Litter Robot III Open Air will also save you money on litter, with its sift technology, there is no wasted litter.
You can also check out our other comparison reviews with other automated cat litter boxes, such as the Cat Genie to see how it compares against other top-leading brands.
Is the Litter Robot III Open Air a time-saver?
Totally!!! If you weren’t sold on the Open Air already, the mere fact that it is a total time saver should woo you over. There is no running around the house like a mad person trying to find a bag to put your kitty’s waste in, there is also no manual labor associated with the Litter Robot III Open Air, aka no more breaking your back digging and scooping for your kitty’s poopies, and finally there is literally no need for you to even go near this device until the end of the week to check the status of the waste bin. Over time you will realize this machine not only saves you money, but also saves you hours of time in messy cleanup.
Does this Litter Robot III Open Air reduce odors?
Yes, this device is made with carbon filters to fully contain odors, which is great if you have dust allergies or asthma. If a smelly litter box is a serious concern, consider checking out our 11 odor buster litter techniques.
- No more holding your breath and coughing to clean up your cat’s waste, this machine does it all for you
- Waste goes into the bag in the air-tight waste bin below, hence there is no smell to detect
- Don’t let your home smell like Fluffy’s butt! With the Litter Robot III Open Air you will have your guests saying “You have cats??? I would never know by how clean your house smells” .. Ahh the smell of success
Is the Litter Robot loud?
The Litter Robot III Open Air can be loud as it does have to use its motors to rotate itself, but it isn’t such an unpleasant sound to the ears.
- There is also a timer, so you can specify when you want the Litter Robot to rotate and start cleaning itself
- You can put it on ‘sleep’ mode for up to 8 hours, so the globe never turns to self clean for those hours. If you live in a studio and you are an extra light sleeper, this is your option.
- There is no need to worry if it will frighten your cat, you can set the timer to clean-up up to 15 minutes after your kitty has done its business. No scaredy cats here!
Every product has its PROS:
- Cuts down on litter use, which in turn saves money
- Drastically reduces odors due to its carbon filters
- It comes fully set up and put together, no assembly required, and it works right out of the box
- Cats hate dirty litter boxes and this is a fabulous solution for constant cleanliness
- Perfect to have if you are going on vacation (one less thing to worry about) because let’s face it, not everyone who watches your cats while you are gone likes to scoop poop!
- There is an optional backup battery for purchase, which means that this will provide your Litter Robot III Open Air with 24-48 hours of reserved power in case of a power outage or failure
- Programmable cycle timer so you can choose how many minutes you want to pass before this device self cleans itself. You can choose it to automatically clean itself 3, 7, or 15 minutes after your cat exits
- Cats actually LOVE this litter box and are fascinated with it. Not to mention all cats adapt to it very well
And every product has it CONS:
- It is on the larger side, but because of this it is easier for larger cats to enter and exit, and luckily the device is pretty enough to leave out on display
- It is suggested to use their name brand bags with this litter box, but you don’t actually have to! It has been noted by many users (and a little bit of common sense) that you can substitute any type of trash bag you wish
- It’s pricey, but like with anything, you truly get what you pay for!
Our Final Verdict? Definitely worth the buy and investment!
Our vote is in… And.. We really, really like the Litter Robot III Open Air! It is the answer to our prayers honestly. It is an upgraded version of their older one, which explains all of it’s amazing features and pros listed above. It’s hard to imagine our lives before it. Now there is no more worrying about the litter box responsibilities. With the Open Air there is no daily cleanup and no gross odors.
This machine takes the ‘ick factor’ out of kitty litter boxes. Another huge plus is that It is both cat and child friendly. There is virtually no risk associated with this litter box. No one is getting hurt here! We actually can’t recommend this litter box enough. It seems like such a simple joy, but it definitely brings continued happiness. Your kitty will definitely be showing you some extra loving attention after a few uses of his/her new Litter Robot III Open Air. This product is a win-win and we are so glad that it is out on the market!
I received mine on Monday. You just plug it in and fill it up, very easy setup. It’s fairly bulky (not heavy), so not the best option if you live in a small apartment. What I’m doing is getting them familiar with it, and rewarding their curiosity with snacks. They haven’t used it yet, but they’ve both been in there. Their litter box is next to it, and I’m just going to let it fill up and get stinky, so they’ll want to poop in the pod.
If it works as advertised, this is a life changer, especially with my back and knee problems.
No strain on me
No brainer if you can afford the price tag.
Purchased one of these about a month ago. Kept on getting stuck and going fast yellow blinking light. Customer service people are great to deal with however, they kept on giving me reasons why it was not working and telling me fixes that did not fix it. Finally just had them send me a replacement which they did cheerfully. That unit worked like a charm right out of the box as did the second one that I purchased shortly after. At the time of purchase I had seven cats. My cats all took to it readily with no issue however, they are a bit odd about litter boxes. New litter boxes have always been like Christmas for them. I recently rescued two kittens who also took to it right away without issues. Of course there is some watching with the little ones as they don’t weigh enough to trigger it so I have to manually cycle it and make sure they don’t enter when it is ready to cycle soon. So far it has not been any problem. This is an amazing product and don’t hesitate to send it back and get a replacement if there are issues.[info_box title=”Litter Robot III Open Air Tags” image=”” animate=””]litter chamber,waste drawer,litter robot iii open air,automatic night light,clean cycle,automatic self cleaning litter box,18-month full warranty,elderly cats,sleep mode,drawer full indication,multiple cats,night light,incur additional shipping costs,puerto rico will incur additional,rico will incur additional shipping,patented sifting system,cats love,parts labor and shipping costs,alaska hawaii and puerto rico,warranty period we will repair, litter robot open air 3,litter robot open air amazon,litter robot review,litter robot open air troubleshooting,litter robot price,litter robot classic,litter robot ii,litter robot youtube[/info_box]